From: Nikos Mouat <nikm(at)cyberflunk(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Date: 1999-10-04 17:04:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I'm trying to backup a database using pg_dump, but whenever I try I
get an error telling me I am really hosed. The template1 database works,
psql works fine, the database is live and working just peachy, but I can't
back it up.

nm

--

[nikm(at)db01 /tmp]# pg_dump -o darwin > q
pg_dump: couldn't find the template1 database. You are really hosed.

type \? for help on slash commands
type \q to quit
type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
You are currently connected to the database: template1

template1=> \d
Database = template1
| Owner | Relation | Type |
| root | abc | table |