Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha

From: Ryan Kirkpatrick <rkirkpat(at)nag(dot)cs(dot)colorado(dot)edu>
To: Uncle George <gatgul(at)voicenet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha
Date: 1999-07-22 01:39:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-ports

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Uncle George wrote:

> Although u have localize the -mieee/float in the date stuff, u have needlessly
> inflicted the -mieee switch on ALL compiled modules.

I did that originally to see if it would solve any other of the
problems that the regression tests were revealing at that time. Though, I
will admit it was a mistake to leave it as a global flag without more
research into if it helped anywhere or not. Unfortuntely, I got busy with
school about then and never got back to it. :(

| "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." |
| --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV) |
| Ryan Kirkpatrick | Boulder, Colorado | rkirkpat(at)nag(dot)cs(dot)colorado(dot)edu |
| http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/ |