Relations between tables.

From: christian <crr(at)freemail(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Relations between tables.
Date: 1999-05-20 15:33:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Being rather new to DBs in general, I wonder - is the relation constraint
present in PostgreSQL? Is this the same as relations I've seen under other
databases ? MS Access has to be a poor example but I've seen tables
relationed between themselves.

Using a relation constraint, are tables tied together automatically, thus
removing the need to use a 'WHERE table1.index = table2.t1index' in select
clauses retreiving data in table2 and table1?

christian