replacement for LEFT JOIN in mysql->postres changeover?

From: Emile D Snyder <emile(at)cosource(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: replacement for LEFT JOIN in mysql->postres changeover?
Date: 2000-08-29 17:03:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how much work is involved in migrating an
existing mysql database and web/command-line perl interface to postgres.
I got some scripts hacked together that can translate the mysql schema and
data dump ok, but I ran into a

ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "left"
ERROR: OUTER JOIN is not yet supported

message when I tried some of the interface scripts. What is the
recommended way of handling this; and does anyone know of other big
gotchas in coming from mysql?

thanks,
-emile