vacuum error - 6.4.2 database..

From: Sebestyen Zoltan <szoli(at)netvisor(dot)hu>
Subject: vacuum error - 6.4.2 database..
Date: 1999-09-20 13:47:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I did vacuum a database that I previously loaded 'heavily' with data and
got the following results and got it everytime I repeat vacuum:
elmu=> vacuum;
NOTICE: BlowawayRelationBuffers(annex_log, 58): block 184 is referenced
(private 0, last 0, global 1)
This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or
while processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible. Terminating.

I am wondering now, that is this a constency problem, if so I'm really
worried about the situation. Do you know about any bugs of 6.4.2 like
this?

THnaks

Sebestyén Zoltán <szoli(at)netvisor(dot)hu> There was a time when all on my mind
was Love.
MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR Now I find that most of the time
love's not enough in itself.

I use UNIX because reboots are for hardware upgrades.

Kick me! Whip me!! Make me develop on AIX!!!