oid_index size problem

From: Sebestyen Zoltan <szoli(at)netvisor(dot)hu>
Subject: oid_index size problem
Date: 1999-09-17 13:41:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I wrote an application that uses PgSQL as database backend. It ran for
almost a year and now it's database directory grew to 85633Kbyte.
Inspecting this directory, I found out that a file called oid_index grew
to 84058112 bytes, i.e. 99% of the database is index. What went wrong?
What can be done now? I use a PgSQL 6.4.2 on a AIX 4.2..

THanks in advance

Sebestyén Zoltán <szoli(at)netvisor(dot)hu> There was a time when all on my mind
was Love.
MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR Now I find that most of the time
love's not enough in itself.

I use UNIX because reboots are for hardware upgrades.

Kick me! Whip me!! Make me develop on AIX!!!