Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc getTableName, getCatalog, etc.

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: "Randall W(dot) Barrett" <rbarr(at)shadow(dot)net>
Cc: Pgsql-Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc getTableName, getCatalog, etc.
Date: 1998-12-29 15:10:09
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Randall W. Barrett wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Specifically, at the moment at least, I need getTableName(),
> getCatalogName() from ResultSetMetaData and getTables() from
> DatabaseMetaData.

Ah I see the problem.

First: PostgreSQL doesn't support Catalogs, so getCatalogName returns an
empty "" string. All methods that take a Catalog Name or pattern simply
ignore them.

As for getTableName(), it's not implemented, as it's not easy to find out
what table a particular column in a ResultSet belongs to, especially if
more than one table is used in a query, and not all columns come from
tables.

Currently it returns an empty string ""