LEFT JOIN

From: Antti Linno <alligator(at)all(dot)ee>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LEFT JOIN
Date: 2000-07-04 12:15:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

Greetings.
I have a problem. I have 2 tables. E.g. work and workers. I want to
select records, that 1st table has, and the second hasn't(both have id
attribute). I mean I can't do it with is NULL, because those records don't
exist. I was shown, how it is done with mysql

select first.id,second.id_first
from first left join second on
id=id_first where id_first is NULL;

but when I tried it in psql, it said, not implemented.

Antti