Re: [ADMIN] locale support

From: Oleg Broytmann <phd(at)comus(dot)ru>
To: Hans Petter Fasteng <hansf(at)kfaserv1(dot)kfdata(dot)no>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] locale support
Date: 1998-05-29 23:32:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi!

On Sat, 30 May 1998, Hans Petter Fasteng wrote:
> the day in Norwegian. But I can not make postgres to sort norwegian
> letters. I have scanned the FAQ and searched the postgres site, and found
> a lot of messages adressing locale, but non that fits into my probelm.

Currently sort (with locale enbled) works only for TEXT fields. I
finished patch for CHAR/VARCHAR fields and gave it out to collect
success/failure stories. Few success stories was sent to me. I'll post the
patch to pgsql-patch list next week.
If you want to test it, too, right now:
http://www.comus.ru/~phd/Software/PostgreSQL/

Oleg.