Re: [GENERAL] Upgrading from 6.3->6.4.2/6.5b1 possible

From: Gregory Maxwell <greg(at)z(dot)ml(dot)org>
To: "Michael A(dot) Koerber SR" <mak(at)ll(dot)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk, pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Upgrading from 6.3->6.4.2/6.5b1 possible
Date: 1999-05-31 15:36:19
Lists: pgsql-general

I tried the below script (again, going from 6.3->6.4.2 on RedHat 5.2
Linux).. Now I don't get the out of memory errors but it still chokes up
on the syntax.. The back end spits out things like:

ERROR: type name lookup of char16 failed
ERROR: ChangeAcl: class "accounts" not found
ERROR: ChangeAcl: class "accounts" not found
ERROR: COPY command failed. Class accounts does not exist.
ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "0"
ERROR: type name lookup of char8 failed
ERROR: ChangeAcl: class "passwd" not found
ERROR: ChangeAcl: class "passwd" not found
ERROR: type name lookup of char8 failed
ERROR: ChangeAcl: class "page_text" not found
ERROR: ChangeAcl: class "page_text" not found
ERROR: ChangeAcl: class "page_text" not found
ERROR: type name lookup of char8 failed
ERROR: ChangeAcl: class "page_loan_matrix" not found
ERROR: ChangeAcl: class "page_loan_matrix" not found
ERROR: ChangeAcl: class "page_loan_matrix" not found
ERROR: COPY command failed. Class passwd does not exist.
ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "greg"
ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "$100"
FATAL 1: Database chuck1 does not exist in pg_database

Thanks for your help. Everyone here has been very helpful!