Re: [GENERAL] Other user access to database

From: Bob Dusek <bobd(at)palaver(dot)net>
To: Glenn Sullivan <glenn(dot)sullivan(at)nmr(dot)varian(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Other user access to database
Date: 1998-12-08 21:42:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Well,

You can grant specific (read, write, etc..) permissions for the tables in
your database to any legitimate user recognized by postgres (ie. users
created with the createuser command). I am unsure as to how to grant
specific permissions on an entire database.

to see how to grant/revoke table premissions:

database_prompt=> \h grant
Command: grant
Syntax:
grant <privilege[,privilege,...]> on <rel1>[,...<reln>] to
[public | group <group> | <username>]
privilege is {ALL | SELECT | INSERT | UPDATE | DELETE | RULE}

database_prompt=> \h revoke
Command: revoke
Syntax:
revoke <privilege[,privilege,...]> on <rel1>[,...<reln>] from
[public | group <group> | <username>]
privilege is {ALL | SELECT | INSERT | UPDATE | DELETE | RULE}

Hope this helps,

Bob