Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC drivers

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Jeffrey Napolitano <jnapoli(at)setech(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC drivers
Date: 1998-07-12 16:40:11
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Jeffrey Napolitano wrote:

> I have put postgresql.jar (the JDBC driver) in the directory that the
> applet is being executed, but it is still not found.

The jar file must be defined in the <applet> tag. Now most browsers don't
support multiple archives, so there are two way around this:

1) unpack postgresql.jar, so that the postgres directory is in the same
directory as your applet.

2) unpack as in (1), but then repack the driver and your applet into a new
.jar file, and refer that in the <applet> tag.

> There must be a way to use a JDBC driver with applets, right?
> Unfortunately, I don't know how to which is environment variable
> "independent"...anyone?

Applets don't have access to environment variables.

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk or petermount(at)earthling(dot)net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk