Re: [SQL] Date fields and libpq....

From: Colin Dick <cdick(at)mail(dot)ocis(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Date fields and libpq....
Date: 1998-06-26 20:28:26
Lists: pgsql-sql

> Hi there,
> I am doing a query on a date field and would like the answer in
> epoch time as apposed to a string. I am using PQgetvalue(res,i,0) and
> can successfully get the string date as a response. Is it possible to
> get an epoch result or do I have to write my own routine to parse the
> string into the tm struct so I can use mktime to get the epoch. The
> latter solution seems quite a hassle and if anyone has a better
> solution, please let me know. Thanks have a good weekend.

Ooops,
Sorry, the field discussed above is cast as an abstime field not a
date... If that makes a difference. I have tried explicitly casting the
result from PQgetvalue(res,i,0) as an 'unsigned long' but now seem to be
getting the numerical value of the string instead of the epoch number
which I am looking for. Still looking for answers if anyone has 'em..
Thanks again.

--
Colin Dick
On Call Internet Services