Re: 8K Limit, and Replication

From: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Poet/Joshua Drake <poet(at)linuxports(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8K Limit, and Replication
Date: 2000-09-06 07:01:13
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Poet/Joshua Drake wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have heard of this infamous 8k limit. I have a couple of questions.
> 1. Does this mean that if I have a large object that I am inserting into a
> table, like an image it has to be 8k or less?

In current version is possible range 8--32Kb for block size, default is 8Kb.
You can change it in sourses in the file include/config.h, other solution is
use the large object interface (LO).

> 2. When will this be fixed?

It's already fixed in the current devel tree (see CVS) and it will
available in 7.1 (1 Oct?).

> 3. Does anyone know the status of the replication capabilities in PGSQL?

Good question, bad answer ... (IMHO) not exist some standard replication
for PG.

Karel