Re: Slashdot discussion

From: Howie <caffeine(at)toodarkpark(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Slashdot discussion
Date: 2000-07-12 19:14:48
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Just a comment on the Slashdot thread in general. I see us really
> gaining on MySQL. Every month we get farther. Our rate of improvement
> means we should leave them in the dust in 1-2 years.

Especially with:

- Tablespace support (oh god would I love this)
- not having to pgdump in order to do a major version upgrade (tricky, i
know)

Who would I talk to about (partially) funding these, btw? or is that no
longer a concern with Great Bridge ?

---
Howie <caffeine(at)toodarkpark(dot)org> URL: http://www.toodarkpark.org
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."