Re: [HACKERS] regression tests

From: Terry Mackintosh <terry(at)terrym(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] regression tests
Date: 1998-11-08 18:56:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Tom

OK, I will do it all agian, maybe I botched some thing, I did do it while
I was tiered, and I should know better:)

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, Tom Lane wrote:

> Terry Mackintosh <terry(at)terrym(dot)com> writes:
> > When I did make all runtest for the regression tests, I guess stderr used
> > to be sent to /dev/null? but now it goes to the screen with *LOTS* of
> > ERROR this and ERROR that ....
>
> Doesn't act that way for me ... all I see is one line per test with
> "ok" or "failed", same as it ever was.
>
> > but when all was done I looked in the
> > output file and the only thing that failed was triggers, and a diff of
> > expected/results follows:
>
> > [postgres(at)laptop /usr/src/pgsql/src/test/regress]$ diff
> > expected/triggers.out results/triggers.out
> > 53d52
> > < NOTICE: check_pkeys_fkey_cascade: 1 tuple(s) of fkeys are deleted
> > 56,57d54
> > < NOTICE: check_pkeys_fkey_cascade: 1 tuple(s) of fkeys are deleted
> > < NOTICE: check_pkeys_fkey_cascade: 1 tuple(s) of fkeys2 are deleted
> > 59d55
> > < NOTICE: check_pkeys_fkey_cascade: 1 tuple(s) of fkeys are deleted
> > 62,63d57
> > < NOTICE: check_pkeys_fkey_cascade: 1 tuple(s) of fkeys are deleted
> > < NOTICE: check_pkeys_fkey_cascade: 1 tuple(s) of fkeys2 are deleted
> > [postgres(at)laptop /usr/src/pgsql/src/test/regress]$
>
> > So ... is this OK?
>
> No. Something's wrong.
>
> As far as the error messages to screen go, maybe someone changed the
> regression driver shell script in a way that doesn't work on your shell.
> Can you check against the last driver script that behaved properly for
> you?
>
> Dunno about the triggers diffs, but most other people have reported
> an exact match for that one.
>
> regards, tom lane

Terry Mackintosh <terry(at)terrym(dot)com> http://www.terrym.com
sysadmin/owner Please! No MIME encoded or HTML mail, unless needed.

Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3, PHP 3, PostgreSQL 6.3
Success Is A Choice ... book by Rick Patino, get it, read it!