Re: Platform-Problems with the jdbc:postgresql Driver

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: "C(dot) Schmidt" <cs(dot)hilzingen(at)swol(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Platform-Problems with the jdbc:postgresql Driver
Date: 1998-05-01 05:40:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, C. Schmidt wrote:

> I sent the foolowing mail to the mailinglist, but got no answer at all.
> (Something wrong with the mailinglist ?)

Not that I know of (I'm receiving mail here from the lists. What
address(s) are you using?

As for JDBC, you don't say which version of postgresql are you using?

Do you get any exceptions thrown by the driver? If so, what are they?

To get the driver running under Windows 95, all you need to do is
to ensure that your Windows95 machines IP addrfess is in the
${PGDATA}/pg_hba.conf file on the server. This file defines what
databases a client machine can have access to, and what authentication
scheme to use.

Now near the end of the message, you say a Null pointer is thrown on
getConnection. Any chance of a stack trace?

In the past when this has happened with getConnection(), it was due to
null being passed for the password.

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk or petermount(at)earthling(dot)net
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder (moving soon to www.retep.org.uk)