Re: [QUESTIONS] JDBC

From: Peter T Mount <postgresdev(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Wolfgang Maron <Wolfgang_Maron(at)compuserve(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONS] JDBC
Date: 1998-03-12 17:10:27
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Wolfgang Maron wrote:

> I have tried to compile the JDBC driver in Postgresql-6.3 but without
> > success.Linux-2.0.29. See appended file. What is to do? Can you help me?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Wolfgang
>
> What version of the JDK have you got, and did you use make to compile?
>
> Version JDK 1.0.2pl2 SuSE distribution 4.4.1
> I have used make in the tree from postgresql-6.3
> Where must be the files for import? In my JDK tree I have not a file
> java.math or java.sql.

Sorry, but JDK1.0.2 isn't supported. You'll need JDK 1.1 or later for the
driver to work.

It's dependent on several new features like inner classes, but mainly the
JDBC API is different between the two major versions of the JDK.

The java.math and java.sql are two of several new packages that are
included in the 1.1 JDK.

--
Peter T Mount petermount(at)earthling(dot)net or pmount(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder