Re: [GENERAL] \d shows all my tables twice

From: Stephen Walton <swalton(at)galileo(dot)csun(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] \d shows all my tables twice
Date: 1999-12-10 17:52:47
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

I second Karl DeBisschop's comments below. It took me hours to get
postgresql working on an HP/UX system, compared with minutes on Linux.
I'm using Linux as our main database server now.

By the way, I know about using pg_dump to backup the database and I do
that. Is there a good way to maintain a second identical copy of the
database on another machine? Will simply copying the dump over and
restoring it with psql do the trick? Would I need to delete an old copy
of the same database first? We have a somewhat slow Internet connection
to our Linux system's location and it would be nice to have an alternate
site with the same data.

--
Stephen Walton, Professor of Physics and Astronomy,
California State University, Northridge