Re: Overhauling GUCS

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Overhauling GUCS
Date: 2008-06-12 19:29:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I am thinking a web-based wizard would make the most sense.

I have not a single customer I work with who could use an external
web-based wizard. Way too many companies have privacy policy restrictions
that nobody dare cross by giving out any info about their server, or
sometimes that they're even using PostgreSQL inside the firewall. If it's
not a tool that you can run on the same server you're running PostgreSQL
on, I'd consider that another diversion that's not worth pursuing.