Re: Contrib modules documentation online

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Contrib modules documentation online
Date: 2007-08-29 21:10:31
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Further, you know we don't finish the docs until beta. Ever.

In that context, as long as the documentation cleanup doesn't slow the
schedule for when beta starts I think it would be a great thing to slip
into 8.3. In fact, if those are going higher-profile, I may slip an
update into the docs for pg_buffercache with the queries I keep
recommending people look at.

> What kind of data? On bgwriter_lru autotuning?

That would be my data; HOT is in a similar category. I have many test
results to pass along, and I'd like to know that the people who might help
confirm/deny what I've discovered are as focused as I've been on trying to
wrap all this up already, before wandering into new tangents that aren't
already blocking the schedule. That's all I'm saying.