Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server

From: <mkscott(at)sacadia(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Dann Corbit <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server
Date: 2002-02-05 03:52:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I would love to see this happen but they are already quite different and
drifting further apart every day. I am trying integrate parts of the real
PostgreSQL into threaded postgres as time permits.

I think threaded postgres could serve as a vehicle for testing the
relative value of using threads, but trying to merge patches would be a
major task. I found the interesting marketing white paper the covers
PostgreSQL, Illustra, Informix, DSA ( using threads ), and Datablade
extensions. If
nothing else, it shows that PostgreSQL extension model can be used in
threaded environment.

www.databaseassociates.com/pdf/infobj.pdf

Myron Scott
mkscott(at)sacadia(dot)com