Re: Need help installing/setting up JDBC on Solaris 10

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: kooifei <kooifeispam(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need help installing/setting up JDBC on Solaris 10
Date: 2009-02-06 22:24:29
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, kooifei wrote:

> home/sadm/postgresql-8.3.5$> --with-includes=/opt/sfw/include/
> --with-libraries=/opt/sfw/lib/ --with-java
> LDFLAGS="-R /opt/sfw/lib"
>
> The configuration ends without error but I get this warning message:
> WARNING: option ignored: --with-java

--with-java was a configuration option used to indicate that you wanted to
build the JDBC driver when it used to be bundled with the server source
code (7.4 and prior). All recent JDBC releases are independent from the
server. You don't need to build the server with any specific JDBC
support, the JDBC driver is purely a client interface.

Kris Jurka