Re: Meta Information about columns of a domain datatype ?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: "j(dot)random(dot)programmer" <javadesigner(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Meta Information about columns of a domain datatype ?
Date: 2006-06-19 13:57:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> j.random.programmer wrote:
>
>> * Subject: meta data information returned for
>> domains
>> * Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:13:13 +0900
>>
>> However, there wasn't a resolution then.
>
> I couldn't find this in the archives. Do you have a link?
>
> How would you expect domain info to be returned via the metadata interfaces?

I vaguely recall a discussion of this suggesting the base type of a domain
should be returned in the SOURCE_DATA_TYPE column of
DatabaseMetaData.getColumns. This column was added in JDBC3 and we
currently only support the JDBC2 columns.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/sql/DatabaseMetaData.html#getColumns(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String)

Kris Jurka