Re: Saving currupting binary data into the database when

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Dilan <dilan(at)waterfind(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Saving currupting binary data into the database when
Date: 2005-05-17 18:11:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Dilan wrote:

> I'm using hibernate to connect postgresql via java, and I'm trying to save a
> image as a binary file,

Sending this as html email makes it difficult to read. Please stick to
plain text. Also it is not clear what hibernate is doing under the hood,
so this may be a question for a hibernate person.

Anyway, older server versions (early 7.3 series) have a bug that corrupts
bytea data, you aren't running one of those are you?

If you can provide a complete example using only JDBC calls I'd be
interested, but I don't know what else I can do for you now.

Kris Jurka