Re: BUG #1661: JDBC DatabaseMetaData.getExportedKeys() returns

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Pavel Krupets <pkrupets(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1661: JDBC DatabaseMetaData.getExportedKeys() returns
Date: 2005-05-17 17:28:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Pavel Krupets wrote:

> Bug reference: 1661
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.2
> keys.
>
> If I ask getExportedKeys(null, "bc4jgen_test_04", "table_03") to return
> exported foreign keys it will return 'fk_table_05_2_table_03' key. But this
> key isn't exported. table_05 does not references table_03's primary key,
> just a unique one! Please check javadocs excerpts below.

I guess we consider this a feature, not a bug. Otherwise there is no way
to retrieve foreign key information for foreign keys to unique
constraints. If you've got a concrete reason why this is a bad thing
please let us know. The javadoc does indeed say primary key, but I don't
see why including unique ones as well is a problem.

Kris Jurka