Re: context classloader

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Vadim Nasardinov <vadimn(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: context classloader
Date: 2005-01-21 15:57:58
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Vadim Nasardinov wrote:

> As the first step, documenting the existence of
> driverconfig.properties would be nice. Other than
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-10/thrd2.php#00023
>
> is it mentioned anywhere else? Does anyone actually use this?

Well, it's a problem of limited resources. We've had SSL support for a
year and half, but it wasn't until last week that how to set it up was
documented anywhere but the mailing list. Writing documentation is
neither fun nor really necessary for the developers because we already
know how it works. Not ideal, but that's kind of the way it has been.
As volunteer developers we're primarily users and only secondarily
maintainers for other users.

The need to actually use this mechanism is restricted to very specialized
applications. The key addition is auto-registering custom class mappings,
the additional default settings were thrown in largely because we could.

Kris Jurka