Re: Fix setArray() when using the v3 protocol (was Re: Postgres

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix setArray() when using the v3 protocol (was Re: Postgres
Date: 2004-10-09 06:10:36
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Oliver Jowett wrote:
> > Oliver Jowett wrote:
> >
> >> It seems possible to fix the driver to handle this case by making
> >> setArray() derive a proper array type name i.e. ("_" +
> >> Array.getBaseType()), and using that rather than 'text' as the
> >> parameter type.

I've applied this. It's not a great solution, but it's low impact and
does fix the problem. An idea I had when looking at it is that if the
lookup by getBaseTypeName fails we could convert getBaseType to a pg type
name by the first match in the connection's jdbcXTypes and retry looking
for an array type with that. Although considering our existing dependency
on Array.toString() returning a properly formatted array this seems like a
waste of effort.

Kris Jurka