Re: Issues regarding code license of ported code.

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: "Francisco Figueiredo Jr(dot)" <fxjrlists(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issues regarding code license of ported code.
Date: 2004-09-18 16:44:08
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, Francisco Figueiredo Jr. wrote:

> So, the copyright is not from a single person which means I can't
> contact the person who did it. There is no sign of who is the author too.

You only need to contact the author(s) if you want to relicense the code.
You don't need to relicense anything to include it in your work, that's
the beauty of the BSD license.  You just need to retain the original
copyright and license notice.  Especially since our version of the BSD
license doesn't have the advertising clause.

If you just keep these files (and any of your contributions) licensed as
BSD there won't be any confusion and you can include it in your project.

Kris Jurka