Re: UPDATE with JDBC fail

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: Jose(dot)Silva(at)isotrol(dot)com, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UPDATE with JDBC fail
Date: 2004-08-05 22:17:11
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Also, I've stopped testing against 7.1 (and I think Kris has too) --
> it's getting very old now. I think that at least
> setTransactionIsolation() will not work correctly with the current
> driver against a 7.1 server.

I only run specific tests against old versions when modifying something in
that area because the regression tests haven't run successfully
against 7.1 in the time I've been working on the driver. If we know the
driver doesn't work against old server versions we should refuse to
connect or issue some kind of error message. Are there things other than
transaction isolation you'd like me to test against 7.0 or 7.1?

Kris Jurka