Re: SSL URL

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Phil Moors <pmoors(at)ncric(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSL URL
Date: 2004-07-21 20:43:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Phil Moors wrote:

> pg 7.4.2-1
> pg74.214.jdbc3.jar
>
> I'd like to use this jdbc driver with ColdFusion. However, CF seems to
> have hard coded their jdbc driver configuration to only accept some
> standard parameters. I can't find a way to pass SSLMODE=require to the
> darn thing. The CF manual also says that the use of CONNECTSTRING is not
> enabled for the jdbc interface. Go figure.

Surely there must be a way of specifying parameters to it.  Could you
explain how you are currently establishing the connection?

> Where would I tweak the source to set the jdbc driver to default to SSL?

If this is the only way to do it, then in the 7.4 source tree see
org/postgresql/jdcb1/AbstractJdbc1Connection.java in the openConnection
method:

                if (info.getProperty("ssl") != null && Driver.sslEnabled())
                {
                        useSSL = true;
                }
                else