Re: SSL URL

From: Blaine Simpson <blaine(dot)simpson(at)admc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSL URL
Date: 2004-07-21 20:54:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I don't have time to test it myself with pg, but in general you can
append any parameters to the
connection URL. I don't know how universal it is, but you can even pass
username and password
in the connection URL instead of with separate settings. It basically
goes URL + ; + name=val....
like

jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/enrollments;ifexists=true

Hopefully CF will let you specify the connection URL itself any way you
want, since it is
up to the DB vendor what URL formats they support.

Kris Jurka wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Phil Moors wrote:
>

>>pg 7.4.2-1
>>pg74.214.jdbc3.jar
>>
>>I'd like to use this jdbc driver with ColdFusion. However, CF seems to
>>have hard coded their jdbc driver configuration to only accept some
>>standard parameters. I can't find a way to pass SSLMODE=require to the
>>darn thing. The CF manual also says that the use of CONNECTSTRING is not
>>enabled for the jdbc interface. Go figure.
>>

>Surely there must be a way of specifying parameters to it. Could you
>explain how you are currently establishing the connection?
>

>>Where would I tweak the source to set the jdbc driver to default to SSL?
>>

>If this is the only way to do it, then in the 7.4 source tree see
>org/postgresql/jdcb1/AbstractJdbc1Connection.java in the openConnection
>method:
>
> if (info.getProperty("ssl") != null && Driver.sslEnabled())
> {
> useSSL = true;
> }
> else