OpenBSD Trusted Path Execution (TPE) compatibility?

From: Joshua Jore <moomonk(at)daisy-chan(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: OpenBSD Trusted Path Execution (TPE) compatibility?
Date: 2001-07-05 17:49:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi folks,
I'm new to postgresql so please bear with me. I've got PostgreSQL
installed and working successfully on my OpenBSD machine. I'm also installing
the TPE patches which do a few things:

Prevent execution of binaries that are in directories not owned by root
Prevents interpreters from reading from STDIN
Protect most proc info and *stat stuff
Strips LD_PRELOAD and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Is there any reason that PostgreSQL or postmaster would have a problem
with this or has anyone tried these together? (It's always possible to
designate postgresql as a trusted user so it doesn't have these
restrictions but I'd rather not if I don't have to)

Thanks,
Joshua Jore