Re: $PGDATA/base/???

From: bpalmer <bpalmer(at)crimelabs(dot)net>
To: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: $PGDATA/base/???
Date: 2001-01-17 23:58:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I object. The code displays oids and tablenames or relnames. Oid is just
> the initial, default filename for tables, and may change to something other
> than the oid. Currently, the reindex code is the only place that could change
> the relfilenode without changing the oid, but I think there may be more
> in the future.

Looks great, and I agree. Did not know that little piece of information.
I have made the changed to my code, here's the new version. I have
tested this one and updated the web page.

- brandon

b. palmer, bpalmer(at)crimelabs(dot)net
pgp: www.crimelabs.net/bpalmer.pgp5

Attachment Content-Type Size
oid2name-0.1.1.tar.gz application/octet-stream 4.1 KB