exposing conn->sock?

From: Alex Pilosov <alex(at)pilosoft(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: exposing conn->sock?
Date: 2001-05-30 00:05:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I have a question whether a patch which would expose conn->sock (the
actual socket connected to the server) via a function would be
acceptable/accepted. My application does essentially a select() loop on
various sockets, and is also waiting for asynchronous notifications from
database. While I know about pqWait, pqReadReady etc, these all require
busy-waiting of some sort and do not allow for immediate notification when
combined with waiting on some other fds.

So, is there some particular reason conn->sock is not exposed?

-alex