Creating Users

From: "Jonathan A(dot) Zdziarski" <jonz(at)netrail(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Creating Users
Date: 1999-03-17 18:00:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there,

I'm fairly new with PGSQL so forgive me if I've missed something; I've
tried to make as much sense of the docs as possible.

I've done a 'createuser' and added a user into the system, however I find
that when SQL is stopped and restarted that user needs to be re-created.
Is there some command that will write the user to disk?

Also, I need some pointers for setting up remote access. I'd like to set
up a user (user) with password (pass). I've run the pg_passwd file but it
wants a textfile to write this to, and I don't quite understand that;
isn't there one central password file for pgsql? Your help will be
appreciated here too.

Thank you,

Jonathan A. Zdziarski
Sr. Systems Administrator