Re: Books on PostgreSQL

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Kaare Rasmussen <kar(at)kakidata(dot)dk>
Cc: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Books on PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-01-18 10:35:01
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

> > I don't recall the how to or the history. Too long ago and not enuf
> > beer probably!
>
> It was a terrible piece of work. Claiming to be the Linux Database How-To,
> it mixed true information about PostgreSQL with political (or religious,
> I've forgot now) statements, stepping on everybodys toes.
>
> I wouldn't know if his book is the same. I think that it sould not be
> removed just because he's the author, but if the content is the same - out!

Doesn't matter now, it's out of print so I pulled it.

> But what about this one:
> Professional SQL Server Development with Access 2000 by Rick Dobson
> What has that got to do with PostgreSQL ??

It's already gone. For some reason it comes up on a search for
postgresql on amazon. In fact it shows up as #1.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com