v7.1 error ... SELECT converted to a COPY?

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: v7.1 error ... SELECT converted to a COPY?
Date: 2001-04-30 04:37:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Okay, maybe this query isn't quite as simple as I think it is, but does
this raise any flags for anyone? How did I get into a COPY? It appears
re-creatable, as I've done it twice so far ...

eceb=# select e.idnumber,e.password from egi e, auth_info a where e.idnumber != a.idnumber;
Backend sent D message without prior T
Backend sent D message without prior T
Backend sent D message without prior T
Backend sent D message without prior T
Backend sent D message without prior T
Backend sent D message without prior T
Backend sent D message without prior T
Enter data to be copied followed by a newline.
End with a backslash and a period on a line by itself.
>> \.
Unknown protocol character 'J' read from backend. (The protocol character is the first character the backend sends in response to a query it receives).
PQendcopy: resetting connection

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org