Re: Full text search

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Sameer Maggon <sameermaggon(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Full text search
Date: 2001-09-22 09:47:30
Lists: pgsql-docs
Hi Sameer,

There are two ways of doing full text indexing in pgsql.

1. Use the contrib/fulltextindex module.  This is fairly simple in 7.1.3
and the docs explain how to use it.  If you want to nidex muliple columns,
I suggest getting the fulltextindex module from CVS HEAD.  It will compile
against 7.1.x, but now 7.0.x.

2. Use OpenFTS.  Check out www.openfts.org (I think) or search the maling
list archives for openfts

Cheers,