Re: Install

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Sameer Maggon <sameermaggon(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Install
Date: 2001-09-22 09:41:42
Lists: pgsql-docs

It looks to me like postgres isn't actually running.

If it is running, you will need to check your startup script for it. To
allow TCP/IP connections to postgres you need to do one of the following:

1. If you run postgres using the 'postmaster' command, run it with '-i' as
a parameter.

2. I fyou run postgres using the 'pg_ctl' command, run it with the '-o
"-i"' parameter.

Read the man pages for either of these programs to learn more.

Chris