Re: Problems w/ PL/pgSQL not being loaded?

From: Philip Hallstrom <philip(at)adhesivemedia(dot)com>
To: "Diehl, Jeffrey" <jdiehl(at)sandia(dot)gov>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problems w/ PL/pgSQL not being loaded?
Date: 2001-04-17 23:02:15
Lists: pgsql-sql

I just did this in 7.1 (and I think it's pretty similar in 7.0.x).

cd into the src/pl/plpgsql directory and type "gmake && gmake install"

Then as the postgres super user type "createlang plpgsql dbname"

where "dbname" is the name of the database you want to add it to.

If you add it to template1 then all new databases will automatically get
it.

good luck!

-philip