Re: Developer vs. Programmer

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Developer vs. Programmer
Date: 2001-05-02 20:46:38
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Yea, I had the same feeling. Can't someone come up with a nice name?
> >
> > How about Hacker's Guide? :)
>
> Yea, I liked that one. I don't think Vince wants to change developers
> corner. Maybe we can come back to this later.

Hacker's Guide sounds good. Hacker's Corner sounds bad. There's no
reason at all that this guide can't be called the Hacker's Guide and
for it to reside in the Developer's Corner. I'm going to be doing some
redesign and face lifting in the not too distant future and hope the
end result to be the Developer's Corner to be obviously for developers
of PostgreSQL and not software developers *using* or developing products
that use PostgreSQL.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com