Re: RFC C++ Interface

From: Randy Jonasz <rjonasz(at)click2net(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RFC C++ Interface
Date: 2000-12-12 18:53:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm looking forward to doing it. I've
got most of the classes needed laid out. Once I'm done this step, I'll
post what I have for more comments, crticism, suggestions.

Cheers,

Randy

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > I appreciate your comments and would like to respond to your concerns.
> > The API I sketched in my earlier e-mail is borrowed heavily from
> > Rogue Wave's dbtools.h++ library. I think it can be a very clean and
> > elegant way of accessing a database.
>
> Rogue Wave's API is quite interesting. It would be a challenge to
> implement. If you think you can do it, I think it would be a real win,
> and a real object-oriented API to PostgreSQL.
>
> --
> + If your life is a hard drive, | 830 Blythe Avenue
> + Christ can be your backup. | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

Randy Jonasz
Software Engineer
Click2net Inc.
Web: http://www.click2net.com
Phone: (905) 271-3550

"You cannot possibly pay a philosopher what he's worth,
but try your best" -- Aristotle