Re: Case Studies for PostgresSQL

From: Jeff MacDonald <jeff(at)pgsql(dot)com>
To: ian <ian(at)xavier(dot)cc(dot)xu(dot)edu(dot)ph>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Case Studies for PostgresSQL
Date: 2000-09-25 01:42:05
Lists: pgsql-general

and there are 2 592 000
seconds in a month.. that's a little over

that's 1.728 seconds per query..

short answer .. postgres can do it, it depends
on the machine

jeff

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, ian wrote:

> Hello People,
>
> I want to evaluate some of the open source database to use in my billing
> system of Telecommunication Company. Can somebody point me a Case Studies in
> PostgreSQL?.
> Can PostgreSQL really handle this kind of sytem? Im using Linux Box in my
> server. There will be 500,000 average inserts in a month and 1,000,000 query every month . My tentative
> choice are Interbase 6.0 or PostgreSQL 7. Please give me insight with this
> one.
>

> Ian

Jeff MacDonald,

PostgreSQL Inc | Hub.Org Networking Services
jeff(at)pgsql(dot)com | jeff(at)hub(dot)org
www.pgsql.com | www.hub.org
1-902-542-0713 | 1-902-542-3657
Fascimile : 1 902 542 5386
IRC Nick : bignose