Re: [HACKERS] Odd problem with pg_class ...

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Odd problem with pg_class ...
Date: 1999-09-02 14:13:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Okay, figured it out...

The problem exists in v6.5.x as well.

Basically, the user had, it seems, accidentally deleted various groups
from pg_group, which he had used to GRANT group permissions on various
tables, causing an error message of:

NOTICE: get_groname: group 185 not found

to be printed to his errlog.

In v6.5.x, you at least get something out through psql when you do this,
but should we get:

| status | {"=","group keystone=arwR"} |
pgsql_keystone=> delete from pg_group where groname='keystone';
DELETE 1
pgsql_keystone=> \z
NOTICE: get_groname: group 0 not found
before or while processing the request.