Re: Need your help

From: Jie Liang <jliang(at)ipinc(dot)com>
To: Jyotsna Kypa <jkypa(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need your help
Date: 2001-02-23 21:05:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

e.g.
Try:

CREATE TABLE emp (
id int4 primary key,
empname text,
salary int4,
last_date datetime,
last_user name);

CREATE FUNCTION emp_stamp () RETURNS OPAQUE AS
BEGIN
update emp set last_date=''now''::timestamp where id=NEW.id;
RETURN NEW;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE TRIGGER emp_stamp BEFORE UPDATE ON emp
FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE emp_stamp();

Jie LIANG

St. Bernard Software
Internet Products Inc.

10350 Science Center Drive