Questions relating to "modified while in use" messages

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Questions relating to "modified while in use" messages
Date: 2000-07-13 07:31:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While working with alter table add constraint, I realized we
get these messages if a second session blocks on the lock the
alter table is getting. I'm not sure what (if any) way there
is around this in the code, but I figure I should remove this
problem before sending the next patch for it so I thought I'd
throw it out too see if anyone can give me a pointer as
to what to do.

Stephan Szabo
sszabo(at)bigpanda(dot)com