Re: [HACKERS] v6.5 Release Date ...

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Jan Wieck <jwieck(at)debis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] v6.5 Release Date ...
Date: 1999-04-29 17:15:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Jan Wieck wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

> > June 1st. Plan'd release date for v6.5.
>
> The latest discussions on rules discovered some problems with
> the rewrite system.
>
> It seems that varlevelsup in rule actions subselects get lost
> somehow. And while at it I saw some out of range varno's
> generated for rules group by entries.
>
> I really hope to find the bugs until June 1st, but if not
> this is IMHO a show stopper - no?

As things stand now, we have about 30 days until release...if you find
that, as time draws close, you need a few more days, let us know and we'll
postpone it. I'd like to avoid postponing it *too* much, since we are
already doing so by about a month, but if a few extra days will make the
difference for you, so be it...

As long as ppl don't start throwing in *new* code instead of just fixing
*existing* code, I'm not so 'prickish' about the release date. Its when
we get show-stoppers resulting from new code that gets me :)

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org