Re: [HACKERS] what are postgresql limits?

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: valter <vmazzola(at)quadrante(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] what are postgresql limits?
Date: 1999-04-23 19:25:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, valter wrote:

> i've posted to general mailing list, but no clear answer, so i ask to
> you. i hope this is right.
>
> what are max db and table size under Linux x86 and Linux Alpha.
>
> Are there other Limitations? If yes, what are.
> I've a big project in my mind (may be 100 Gb of data) so i must know the
> numbers
>
> Thank you for your answer and good job!
>
> valter mazzola, http://naturalismedicina.com/linswap, The Linux & GPL
> apps banner exchange program.

There are no maximum sizes that we are currently aware of *except* for the
number of rows that can be in a database, which, I believe, is limited
athtis time to a 32bit int (oid) ...

Other then that, we had a bug in pre-v6.5 servers that due to the 2gig
limitation on files in some OSs, a problem did occur, but this bug is
fixed in v6.5 ...

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org