Re: [HACKERS] bitten by docs

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] bitten by docs
Date: 2000-03-02 11:14:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > This was discussed a while ago. I thought we had agreed that we needed
> > to keep two sets of docs on the website, one for the last stable release
> > (ie, 6.5 currently) and one for the current development tip. But I
> > guess nothing's been done about it yet...
>
> Perhaps we agreed what should be done, but I'm not sure anyone agreed
> to actually do it.
>
> Vince, could you take ownership of this issue (at least to get it on a
> ToDo list so we don't forget)? I'm happy to help (will probably need
> to redirect the nightly html production to another area of the web
> site) but I'm reluctant to muck around with the overall structure of
> the site, at least without some adult supervision...

Actually I had planned on doing it with the 7.0 release. I have a number
of website changes to do and things like two sets of docs are considered
a major change - or at least I consider it one. If you can redirect any
release docs to the release-doc directory I just created on the website
that'd help - otherwise it'll hafta wait till 7.0 goes to release.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN: $24.95/mo or less - 56K Dialup: $17.95/mo or less at Pop4
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com